Before and aftercare instructions
Fatima does not do corrections. It is the client’s responsibility to let us know if you have had semi-permanent make up done by someone else prior to scheduling.
If you have had previously done semi-permanent make up and fail to tell us, Fatima reserves the right to refuse service and may recommend removal. The hair stroke technique will not work well over dark, solid, misshaped, miscoloured, misplaced or carbon-based pigments. It is recommended to send a picture for Fatima to review. If the pigment is over 90% gone or removed she will consider the eyebrow procedure. No Exceptions!
If there are any blemishes (pimples, irritation of the skin), moles or other skin imperfections in the area of the procedure, Fatima will not be able to do it until the blemish is gone or the mole is removed and healed.
If you have had Botox you must wait 3 months before having semi-permanent make up or if you are considering Botox it should not be performed within 2 weeks following your procedure.
Please advise Fatima if you have any upcoming holidays booked as there is a healing period that must be followed for best results.
Semi-permanent make up will not be performed if you are pregnant or nursing.
Some residual swelling is normal for ALL procedures. Dry skin, itching and tenderness are common after the procedure. These symptoms will dissipate each day and vary on an individual basis. Colour will fade/soften by up to 50% or more and you may lose colour in some areas. The top up will enhance any area that has faded too much and fill in any gaps. Healing is specific to each client. All treatments include 1 free top up; fees will apply to any additional top ups. It is important to realise you WILL need a colour boost every 12-18 months (or sooner) to maintain the fresh natural appearance. If you tan frequently, use anti-aging creams, retinol products, regular chemical peels or exercise frequently you will probably need a colour boost every 10 months. The better care you take of the treated area the longer it will last.
General rules for ALL procedures:
Absolutely NO sun or tanning directly prior to or after the procedure for 10 days. Do not have a deep suntan or a sunburn on your face prior to procedure. The tan will exfoliate taking colour with it as it fades. If you show up to you appointment with sunburn you will be required to reschedule and your deposit will be forfeited.
Do not work out on the day of your procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommend no sweating (heavily) for the first 10 days. Sweat is salt and can prematurely fade the treated area.
Avoid getting the treated area wet after the procedure for up to 10 days or until healed. Absolutely nothing on the treated area (no makeup, creams, pencil etc) for 10 days or until the top layer has flaked away. After that time use a gentle cleanser or face wash to clean them. Avoid scrubbing the treated area for 1 month.
Avoid facials or any skin treatments on your face for 2 weeks following your procedure.
Do not take Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary 48-72 hours prior to your procedure.
You must be off Accutane for 1 year. NO exceptions!
Avoid alcohol or caffeine prior to the procedure as this will minimise any oozing or swelling during / after the procedure.
Getting a procedure whilst on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive at the procedure site.
No swimming until the area is completely healed, salt water / chlorine can cause the pigments to fade or change in colour. It is recommended to apply Vaseline to the treated area prior to swimming even after healed to prevent chlorine / salt water from penetrating the area.
Only touch the area with clean hands and apply aftercare product or Bepanthen with a cotton bud, this is a must to prevent any infection.
DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE TREATED AREA. Let any scabbing / flaking naturally exfoliate itself, picking can cause scarring and dislodge the pigment.
• Come to your appointment with your eyebrows pencilled the way you like them (optional) if you like and bring your eyebrow pencil with you.
• If you get your eyebrows waxed or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least a week to have them waxed after the procedure.
• Regular makeup can be worn immediately after your procedure, just not on the treated area until healed. Absolutely NOTHING on the brows - no makeup, lotions, pencil, etc. for 10 days - except what is given by the technician. Try to keep eyebrows dry until they have exfoliated, you may clean them with a damp piece of cotton pad by gently pressing on the area - DO NOT RUB OR WIPE. If you have particularly dry skin you can apply a thin layer of aftercare product or Bepanthen with a cotton bud. Avoid scrubbing the area for 1 month. Be gentle until they have fully healed.
• The eyebrows WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure, this is common in all Permanent Makeup applications. It will begin to soften up after a few days. Hair strokes appear crisp and bold at first, but will soften up as the tissue heals.
• It is very common to have some areas fade more so than others or for the brows to heal patchy after initial procedure, this is part of the healing process and will be treated at the essential top up appointment. Some eyebrows may take 1-3 treatments to achieve the desired result, extra top ups will incur charges. Scar tissue in the brow area of eyebrows done multiple times WILL require additional procedures and fees will apply. Only use the aftercare product on the treated area for up to 7 days – for dry skin only.
If you have had any eye surgery, i.e; Lasix; Cornea; Upper or Lower Blepharoplasty; Lens repair etc. you will need to wait at least 6 months before having permanent makeup on your eyes and a Doctor’s note may be requested. If you have tear duct plugs, I do not do the liner procedure. NO EXCEPTIONS.
IF USING AN EYELASH GROWTH SERUM (Latisse) OR THE LIKE, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE AND CAN NOT USE UNTIL 2 WEEKS AFTER PROCEDURE.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM FATIMA OF ANY EYE SURGERIES YOU HAVE HAD OR EYE CONDITIONS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AS THIS WILL DETERMINE IF YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR LINER.
• If you have hyper-sensitive eyes, watery eyes, tear duct plugs or severe allergies, refractive eye surgery, etc., this may not be the procedure for you. Our eyes produce saline (salt water) and this will cause the area treated to fade or not take at all.
• Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment, bring your glasses.
• Come with your eyeliner on if you like to show me how you want it; otherwise come with no eye makeup on. NO MASCARA.
• Clean contacts can be worn 72 hrs after the procedure. You cannot use Saline to wet the eyes. Only Sterile Water. Make sure that the wash is NOT SALINE - it will fade the liner out instantly.
• No mascara for 72 hrs after the procedure, you can tip the lashes with the mascara, do not take it all the way to the skin until 10 days after the procedure.
• It is recommended to buy a new tube of mascara to use after the procedure to reduce the risk of infection.
• DO NOT USE oily makeup remover, baby oil, mineral oil or heavy creams, especially glycolics around the eyes.
• Eyeliner can and will have some residual pigment that may peel or flake off after a couple days (in most cases)…that is ok…eyeliner tends to fade more so than brows due to the moisture in the eye area. After the top up the colour stays better and lasts longer. Eyeliner can take 2-3 procedures!
Aftercare of All Procedures:
Avoid direct sunlight
Take care not to expose your face to the sun for about two weeks after you get your tattoo. The sun will fade the pigment, which is still settling into your skin. Even after the tattoos have healed, be consistent with applying sunscreen to those areas of your face, to avoid fading.
All needles and machine parts used are individually wrapped, sterile and disposed of after each treatment. All universal precautions are taken but the risk of infection begins the moment you leave the facility.